5 Great Ways To Enjoy Your Landscape
More and more people are investing in their homes with a professionally designed and installed landscape. Landscapes are more commonly seen by the homeowner as an extension of the home itself. A well planned, professionally installed landscape opens the possibility of enjoying many outdoor activities. The options for improvements and amenities to your yard seem endless. The following are just a few examples of landscape enhancements: paver patios, walk paths, retaining walls, fire pits, outdoor kitchens & grills, pools, gazebos, pergolas, ponds, vegetable or flower gardens and outdoor lighting.
- Relaxing – Whether sitting in a chair on your paver patio or next to your pool on a chaise lounge, relaxing in your own yard is one of the most popular ways to appreciate your landscape. There are many activities that are well suited to accompany your leisure: reading your favorite novel, magazine, or blog; sunning; listening to music; or viewing the mesmerizing flames in your fire pit, are just a few.
- Meals – A few traditional and still popular ways to savor a meal outdoors is to have a picnic or fire up your favorite grill. A more modern alternative is to have an outdoor grill or kitchen. There are many different styles and options for appliances such as: ovens, grills, sinks, refrigerators, and stone hearth pizza ovens. The pleasing aroma of your culinary masterpiece will surely have your neighbors’ line up at your front door for a taste.
- Entertaining – Entertaining family and friends in your yard is an American pastime. Whether a holiday or special occasion, there are few settings more comfortable than entertaining in your very own backyard landscape. Patios and decks are great staging areas, especially if you have an outdoor kitchen and seating area. Add a beverage cooler to your outdoor kitchen and your social becomes a party. Music is another great addition to any get-together and with the availability of low cost portable Bluetooth speakers paired with a mobile device, anyone can become a DJ.
- Exercise & Outdoor Sports – Instead of going to a gym, why not exercise in your yard and enjoy the setting the outdoors can offer. Yoga and free weight lifting can easily be done on your patio or deck. If you are a sporting person, you can: play volleyball, soccer, football, cornhole, or practice your golf swing by driving on an artificial tee. Another great and rewarding activity is playing with your pets in your backyard. And if you have a dog, most will want to play fetch till your arm gets too tired to move.
- Gardening – With flower and vegetable gardens can be quite relaxing, provide some exercise and be visually pleasing to the senses. There seems to be no end to the color and texture combinations within a flower garden. And for food lovers and cooks alike, who does not enjoy an easy access to fresh veggies?
If you really want to relax, let the award winning team at Basnight Land and Lawn design your ultimate landscape. Give our friendly staff a call at 757.436.9617.
Make your landscape dreams come true.