With summer approaching quickly and temperatures rising throughout Virginia, you may be looking for ways to improve your backyard and make it more “livable.” School will be out soon, and your backyard has the potential to become THE hangout spot of the season.
However, summer in Virginia can be hot and unbearable without a source of shade or area to relax, and adding an outdoor living space is one of the best ways to spend more time outside. With so many options available for outdoor living spaces, it can be tough to choose which is right for you. Although our experts are always ready to talk with you help you decide, we’ve outlines a few pros and cons to give you some ideas before you pick up the phone:
- Pros: This type of outdoor living space provides the perfect amount of shade for outdoor relaxing and activities while still being an open and airy space. They are also extremely customizable, which means you can cover an entire outdoor kitchen, or just a small space in your yard to hang a swinging bench!
- Cons: A pergola will protect you from the sun, but not from rain.
- Pros: A covered patio provides the most amount of shade and protection against weather. If you are planning on dining outdoors or hosting parties and don’t want to worry about them getting rained out, a covered patio may be the outdoor living space for you!
- Cons: A covered patio will block the sun almost completely, so it may not be the best option for poolside relaxing.
Open living space
- Pros: An open living space allows you to have a designated relaxation and hangout area, without the commitment of a covered space! Open living spaces are especially great for poolscapes and fire pits. Though they offer no shade, umbrellas and other décor can be added to block the harsh sun.
- Cons: Open living spaces offer no protection from rain.
If you’re ready for the outdoor living space of your dreams for a better, more relaxing summer, give the experts at Basnight Land and Lawn a call at (757) 436-9617, or use our online contact form.